Logo Designing Tips – Things to Keep in Mind
The very first step of Business and branding comes with design symbol of brand and we call it logo. The major elements that comprises under branding are logo, theme color, fonts and look and feel of your web presence. Designing a logo sounds very easy but there are few things that you need to know when you are going to design a logo for your company.
The design of great company logos a recognizable at a glance and they put long lasting impression on everyone. We all are pretty much aware of great logos, but designing them need lots of creativity and hard work. There are some specific benchmarks and rules for business logo designing in professional companies.
Here are some discussion and cross questions to ask when you are ready to hire best logo designing agency.
1. Type of logo – There is no proper definition for which type of logo will suit your business for brand identity. It much more depends on your business type, what are you selling and who are your target audience. If you have a short business name then wordmark logo type will be preferred but it is very important that you are business is reflected in it. There are commonly 4 types of logos that comprises wordmarks, letterform, pictorial and abstract logo.
2. Major elements of business that reflects in logo – Your visitors should get a quick idea from logo about your company before the land on your company page. And to reflect it, from color to shape elements are included.
3. Color shade – The color used in brand logo is very critical to identify. So the start should be from the competitor analysis. Find out the colors that your competitors are not using. Also it is very important to find the meaning of that color shade to give a proper message in a subtle way for example red color shows anger, yellow color shows peace and so on.
4. Font selection – This is quite easy to identify that which font will suit your brand and your product & services. If you are going to design a logo for a professional form of service then using a straight forward and bold font will be preferred but if you are going to design for a business that deals in entertainment section then fonts should be full of sweetness and energy.
5. Can you design a logo yourself? – Of course, you can design a logo yourself if you are pretty much aware of all the important segment needed to be consider while designing one. And if it is dubious for you then hiring a professional is highly recommended because this symbol will be your brand identity in future.
6. Costing of logo design – The prices may vary from $50 to $15,000 depending on the experience and expertise in the field. Hiring and professional logo designing firm is not under reach for small startups so, hiring a freelancer could be a better option. But it is very important that the freelancer have experience in your relevant business.
7. Market your brand identity – This is very common question asked that where should you put your logo to market your identity. At the first place your logo should be on your website, digital ad campaigns, the official social media pages. To market your company offline you can use your logo on business cards, front door, desk, company uniform, and wherever possible in your working environment.
8. Things to avoid – We see in most of cases businesses create logo similar to their competitors. But this is huge mistake that they make because at this moment your potential customers are not able to identify which one is you and you might lose some business. The shape and sizes should be defined initially to be used on website, in mobile app, in uniform etc.
Thanks for paying attention. eTechEra is one of the leading professional and creative graphics & logo designing firm in India.